I have been in a dating relationship for almost six months now, and Lord willing, I will be getting married some time later in the year. I thank God for my relationship, largely because I have experienced His grace, mercy and loving care in ways that I could not have imagined. Being in a relationship has taught me to die to myself, and that God placed me on this planet for so much more than my selfish pleasures.
So when I came across this book, Love Bila Regrets, I read it with mixed feelings. You see, I have made all the mistakes described in this book (that is, in my previous relationships). I have asked a girl out without thinking about marriage, I have shunned accountability in my dating relationships, I have dated an unbeliever, I have committed sexual sin… you name it. I’ve been through it all.
I am not proud of it. Every sin and mistake is highly regretted. I would not want to live through any of it, given another shot. Yet, for some strange reason, I look back at that past with gratitude, because God has used it to define and refine me into the image of His Son Jesus Christ.
Reading through the nine chapters of the book by John Musyimi and Mark Ambundo was like a stroll through my own dark past. Continue reading Book Review: Love Bila Regrets
Hi friends. It’s been a long while since I last blogged. Busy days. However, that shouldn’t stop me from sharing some of the interesting reads I’ve come across in my time away. Here are a few:
- IS GOD ALSO IN HELL? “We have a God who is referred to as everywhere present (omnipresent) yet who maintains a place called hell, described as a place where people are removed from His presence.” Is this a contradiction? Read on and be enlightened…
- READING PROFITABLY. Joe Thorn shares some excellent advice on reading well: “I often tell people at our church that when you read Christian books be sure to read critically–though not negatively. Every book should be evaluated by the word of God, and it is good to ask ourselves, how is this author right, and how is he/she wrong?”
- DATING TO DISPLAY JESUS. “Dating is dead. So says the media. Girls, stop expecting guys to make any formal attempt at winning your affections. Don’t sit around waiting for a boy to make you a priority, communicate his intentions, or even call you on the phone. Exclusivity and intentionality are ancient rituals, things of the past, and misplaced hopes. I beg to differ,” Marshall Segal.
- HOW TO DISCOURAGE ARTISTS IN THE CHURCH. “Here are some more ways to discourage artists in the church:
- Not setting reasonable boundaries.
- Not allowing artists to experience creative freedom.
- Asking the input of artists and deciding not to use it without an explanation.”
Read on for more…
- 33 REASONS TO ABSTAIN FROM PORN. Jason George shares 33 reasons why he abstains from porn and encourages us to do the same, “Type your reasons/motives up on your computer. Then print them out, and put a copy in your planner or Bible (some place you’re going to see them everyday). If you want to, record yourself reading through them—and keep that recording on your iPod like I do—and then listen to it daily. It really does help.”
I think these 5 are enough to keep you well fed throughout the weekend. Enjoy and have a blessed Friday.